Brambles Year 6
Miss Caroline Morland
Mrs Deb Mockford (Friday and Thurs pm sport with Y5/6)
Supported by Mrs Emma Coleman
Our Parent information:
Term Curriculum Letter - Survival of the Fittest
Ongoing home-learning information and organisational details:
- PE Thursday and Friday - please make sure all pupils have winter PE kit and football boots for Thursday at the rec in Term 4.
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app/ iHUB also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks - Year 6 use SPAG.com
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this class website page.
Current Home - Learning Tasks for Easter Holiday - everything due back by Thursday 25th April.
EASTER BOOKLETS - you have all been sent home with a pastel coloured booklet.
Maths - Fraction, Decimal, Percentages revision pack and some sheets of co-ordinates and number facts.
English - Reading, SPAG revision pack
- INDEPENDENT - Please read a minimum of 3 times a week (15mins a session) ideally daily and have your card signed. Do not record your guided reading on the card as that is separate.
- First News iHUB remains available for free use.
Grammar and Punctuation - I've set you Year 5 Grammar tests to do on SPAG.com - suggestion of two revision tests a week now .HP for every completed test
Spelling - You all have the next case/cases and errors to be learning. Test as soon as we get back
In addition, here is the follow up list from any errors you may have made in practise SATs paper if you wish to consolidate.
Maths facts - Arithmetic tests 21-22 have been sent home
Ongoing Maths Passport targets - it is up to you now to know your number facts.
Additional home-learning opportunities - Active Learn