Brambles Year 6
Miss Caroline Morland
Miss Juliet Mosney (supply cover 1 day a week)
Supported by Mrs Emma Coleman
Sport with Mrs Jane Hayward
Our Parent information:
Term Curriculum Letter - Believe in Yourself
Ongoing home-learning information and organisational details:
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app/ iHUB also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks - Year 6 use SPAG.com
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this class website page.
Current Home - Learning Tasks for the week ending 19/10/18 (updates in bright sky blue this week)
No PE week commencing 22/10
Reading - Reading Record Card for Week 8 2 days being included in after half term check (TWO WEEKS WORTH) so make sure you have extra cards for all that holiday reading
Rowling (Monday): 'Bootleg' - Alex Shearer - QUESTIONS
Horowitz (Wednesday): 'Skellig' - David Almond -QUESTIONS
Cowell (Thursday): 'There's a boy in the girl's bathroom'- Louis Sacher - QUESTIONS
Paver (Friday): 'I was a rat!' - Philip Pullman -Read Chapter 2 -New questions coming Monday for holiday as someone walked off with Miss M's copy of the book!
Spelling - target suitcases now at home to learn for after half term
Grammar and Punctuation -
Maths facts - Arithmetic Test 2 has come home in Homework Journals to be completed for after half term. Test 3 coming home for holidays
Ongoing Maths Passport targets will be tested this week.
Active Learn and Mathletics games have been assigned for you to consolidate over half term
Task - none
A slideshow of images throughout the year will be here: