Brambles Year 6
Miss Caroline Morland
Mrs Deb Mockford (Friday)
Our Parent information:
Term Curriculum Letter - Incredible Rivers
Year 6 Dates:
Wednesday 19th June - Quad Kids tournament
Thursday 27th June - Kwick Cricket County Finals, Rounders tournament at Trafalgar
Friday 28th June - Sports Day at Nomansland Rec
Monday 1st July - Salisbury Cathedral Leavers Service
DATE TO BE CONFIRMED - Residential Briefing
Wednesday 3rd July - Secondary School induction for all local state schools
Friday 5th July - Shakespeare Rocks production at 6pm in Landford Village Hall
Monday 8th July- Southampton Docks Trip (behind the scenes tour with the Aymes brothers) - trading on rivers/sea
Tuesday 9th July - Move On workshops in school with Matt Gwyn
Friday 12th July - Whole School Forest Friday
Monday 15th July - Friday 19th July - Portland Outdoor Centre Residential Trip. Parents welcome to join us in Weymouth for chips, treasure hunts and pool party on the Wednesday 17th. Speak to Miss M if you are available.
Tuesday 23rd July - Interhouse Rounders Tournament at Nomansland Rec - parents welcome 1:30pm
Thursday 25th July - End of Year Celebration 9am at Landford Village Hall (Year 6 Leavers Service and presentation of awards/ gifts)
Ongoing home-learning information and organisational details:
- PE Thursday and Tuesday (week 1/2) then Friday - please make sure all pupils have summer PE kit and WATER BOTTLES. Have your kit in everyday as you never know.......
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app/ iHUB also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (English/Science/Topic) when appropriate.
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this class website page.
Current Home - Learning Tasks for w/ending 14th June
Shakespeare Rocks lyrics to be learnt by 24th June - SONG BOOK
- INDEPENDENT - Please read a minimum of 3 times a week (15mins a session) ideally daily and have your card signed. Do not record your guided reading on the card as that is separate.
- First News iHUB remains available for free use.