Hamptworth Year 5
Mrs Cathryn Malmberg Mon-Wed
Mrs Kate Price Thurs -Fri
covering staff absence
Supported by Mrs Sabine Auras
Sport with Mrs Jane Hayward
Our Parent information:
Term Curriculum Letter - Sensational Me!
Ongoing home-learning and organisational information:
- PE Monday and Thursday - football kit needed on Thursday and hockey kit will be needed after half term.
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this website page.
We have settled back into our learning well this term. We have been particularly looking at making our presentation as neat as possible and always trying our best!
All children are currently aiming to achieve their pen licence which they will receive upon using beautifully presented handwriting on several occasions.
Do ask your children how closed they are to getting their licence!
Thank you parents for signing children's reading cards- many of the class were able to get their first 'effort' sticker on Friday! Please keep up the fantastic reading!
Current Home - Learning Tasks for the week ending 21/09/18
Reading - Each week we recommend that you read at least 3 times per week to an adult. Please record this on your Reading record card that should be in your reading book. Housepoints and certificates will be awarded for reading.
Maths facts - This weeks tasks is all to do with place value! Click on the link to access the worksheet. The sheet has been given to you in your home learning book- please do complete in your book if you can. Home learning sheet
A slideshow of images throughout the year will be here: