Hamptworth Year 5
Miss Alice Bignell
Mrs Deb Mockford (Thursdays)
Supported by Mrs Sabine Auras
Our Parent information:
Ongoing home-learning and organisational information:
- PE Thursday and Friday - please make sure all pupils have correct kit for Thursdays and Fridays. PE kit is sent home on Fridays for hygiene purposes but needs to be back in school ideally on Monday!
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this website page.
Homework Set 22/03/2019
Statutory Spellings: Challenge Words
Please learn these for Friday 29/03/2019.
Current Home - Learning Tasks for: Easter Holiday - everything due back by Thursday 25th April.
OVERDUE- Miss M set you a reading comprehension on the Easter Story 29th March. If you did not have it in by the end of term please ensure you have it in by the first day back.
EASTER BOOKLETS - you have all been sent home with a pastel coloured booklet.
Maths - a mixture of maths facts and challenge cards
English - Reading, grammar and spelling tasks. An easier version is available if required - please contact the KS2 office and we will email it over.
- INDEPENDENT - Please read a minimum of 3 times a week (15mins a session) ideally daily and have your card signed. Do not record your guided reading on the card as that is separate.
- First News iHUB remains available for free use
Home-learning Previously set by Miss Bignell in March:
Spelling - All pupils have now been issued Spelling Suitcases for constant practice material.
Children are set 10 spellings every Friday to learn at home which will be tested the following Friday.
Guided Reading - See below for details on our Guided Reading programme focusing on the works of Michael Morpurgo.
Mondays - Yellows
Tuesdays - Greens
Wednesdays - Blues
Fridays - Reds
100 books to try and read before you leave Year 6!
Here by popular demand, the 100 books list!