Hamptworth Year 5
Miss Alice Bignell
Mrs Cathryn Malmberg (Wednesdays)
covering staff absence
Supported by Mrs Sabine Auras
Sport with Mrs Jane Hayward
Our Parent information:
Ongoing home-learning and organisational information:
- PE Monday and Thursday - please make sure all pupils have a gum shield and shin guards, preferably with long socks, for hockey this term.
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this website page.
We have settled back into our learning well this term. We have been particularly looking at making our presentation as neat as possible and always trying our best!
All children are currently aiming to achieve their pen licence which they will receive upon using beautifully presented handwriting on several occasions.
Congratulations to the first pupils that have received them!
Do ask your children how close they are to getting their licence!
Thank you parents for signing children's reading cards- many of the class were able to get their first 'effort' sticker on Friday! Please keep up the fantastic reading!
Current Home - Learning Tasks
Reading - Each week we recommend that you read at least 3 times per week to an adult. Please record this on your Reading record card that should be in your reading book. Housepoints and certificates will be awarded for reading.
Spelling - All pupils have now been issued Spelling Suitcases. All pupils are to be working on either one or two suitcases each week. Spellings are monitored on Wednesdays with Mrs Malmberg as well as through our English and Reading.
Guided Reading - This week we have begun our new Guided Reading programme focusing on the works of Michael Morpurgo. These are detailed below.
Mondays - Greens - The Wreck of the Zanzibar - Read ahead and note down any unfamiliar words.
Tuesdays - Reds - Farm Boy - Character and setting questions.
Thursdays - Yellows - The Butterfly Lion - Comprehension questions.
Fridays - Blues - The Sleeping Sword - Comprehension questions.
Task - Conduct a survey of man made and natural materials around your house. What is the most useful natural material you can find? What is the least? What is the most useful man-made material?
A slideshow of images throughout the year will be here: