Hamptworth Year 5
Miss Alice Bignell
Mrs Deb Mockford (Thursdays)
Supported by Mrs Sabine Auras
Our Parent information:
Ongoing home-learning and organisational information:
- PE Thursday and Friday - please make sure all pupils have winter PE kit and football boots for Thursday at the rec in Term 3.
- Individual reading /or to an adult minimum 3 times per week—daily if possible. Independent use of First News app also encouraged. Please sign your child’s reading card.
- Individual maths (number facts) target work as directed by teacher. Independent use of Mathletics and Purple Maths encouraged.
- Regular spelling revision and learning of Year 5/6 spelling target words as directed by teacher.
- Regular punctuation and grammar tasks
- General piece of home-learning relating to a specific curriculum subject (Maths/English/Science/Topic) when appropriate .
Written details will be in the Home-learning Journal and on this website page.
Half Term Homework Set 15.02.2019
Due the first day back!
Conduct a science experiment of your choosing and report your findings.
You should include:
- An enquiry question (what you are investigating)
- Your method
- The equipment you use
- Your prediction (what you think will happen)
- Your results
- Your conclusion (your findings – what actually happened?)
Please conduct sensible and safe science under supervision of an adult!
All children are currently aiming to achieve their pen licence which they will receive upon using beautifully presented handwriting on several occasions.
Congratulations to the first pupils that have received them!
Do ask your children how close they are to getting their licence.
Thank you parents for signing children's reading cards. Please keep up the fantastic reading!
Current Home - Learning Tasks
Reading - Each week we recommend that you read at least 3 times per week to an adult. Please record this on your Reading record card that should be in your reading book. Housepoints and certificates will be awarded for reading.
Spelling - All pupils have now been issued Spelling Suitcases for constant practice material.
Children are set 10 spellings every Friday to learn at home which will be tested the following Friday.
Guided Reading - See below for details on our Guided Reading programme focusing on the works of Michael Morpurgo.
Mondays - Yellows
Tuesdays - Greens
Wednesdays - Blues
Fridays - Reds