Being a parent is both a joy and a challenge. We want to be able to support our families in as many ways as possible.
We have a Parent Support Advisor who can support parents by offering advice or simply by being a listening ear. Linda has worked with our cluster of schools for a number of years and is experienced at offering tailor-made support for each family.
Parent Support Advisors work in partnership with parents and the schools their children attend. They don't have all of the answers to parenting issues but are able to help find you the right advice, help or support.
Some of the ways Linda can help are:
- Provide a listening ear for your worries
- Help you talk to your child's teacher
- Assist with bullying awareness
- Offer guidance about behaviour problems
- Give support and advice on starting school and moving on to secondary school
- Gain access to information about other difficulties you may be having such as money worries, relationships, health and more
- Family learning
You can contact Linda Kendall-Scott by e-mail or telephone.
The following leaflets have been produced by the NAHT and Family Action. They offer simple guidance to help parents support their child's learning.