Brambles Year 6
Mr Liam Day
Supported by Mrs Sabine Auras
Term Curriculum Letter:
Brambles Weekly Home Learning Tasks:
- Daily independent reading is recommended with a minimum of 3 times a week – ideally some of which will still be with an adult. Please can an adult sign the child’s reading record card on a weekly basis.
- Spellings will be set on a weekly basis.
- Targeted Maths Challenges set on Mathletics/Purple Mash to support arithmetic skills.
- Occasional Topic or English related home-learning tasks will be communicated in child’s Home-Learning journal as well as being recorded on class website page.
- Occasional Grammar and Punctuation tasks set on SPAG.com
Current Home Learning Task:
Friday 13th September 2019 (due on Wednesday 18th September):
Mathletics: Children have been set their next set of Mathletics tasks to complete based off of this weeks learning in the classroom.
- Partition and Rename
- Put in Order
- Nearest 100
- Adding multi-digit numbers
Brambles Class Blog.
Week 2 Autumn term.
Today we started our first Science topic: The Circulatory System! We used everyday ingredients to create our own blood smoothie. During the experiment, we learnt about the four main components found in blood:
- red blood cells
- white blood cells
We learnt about what each component does and found that our blood smoothie looked similar to what our blood would look like under a microscope!
"I already know that blood carries oxygen around the body but I have now learnt about plasma and platelets. I worked well today because I finished on time and did my extension set by the teacher."