Lyburn Year 3
Mrs Cathryn Malmberg (Mon/Tues) and Mrs Rosie Smith (Wed/Thurs/Fri)
Supported by Mrs Leah Logan and
Mrs Sarah Mansbridge
Ongoing organisational details:
- In Term 1 PE will be on Monday and Wednesday.
- Please send your child in wearing PE kit.
- Water bottles and coats must be in school everyday please.
Ongoing home-learning information:
- Reading books need to be brought in to school on Thursday to be quarantined for 72 hours. New home readers will be sent home on a Friday.
We are consolidating our spelling of Year 1 and 2 words in class
Your child now has an individual list of spellings from these lists to learn by the beginning of Term 2.
- Mathletics activities will be set for each new unit of maths, our first unit was Place Value of three digit numbers (hundreds, tens and ones). We have now moved on to Addition. We will be adding to and subtracting from 3 digit numbers, starting with 1's, then 10's, then two digit numbers.
- You might find this booklet useful for an idea of what are doing Place Value Booklet.pdf
- We are working on our two times table in class by chanting it together in the form of "One lot of two is two".
- Small tasks will be set from time to time, these may involve the use of Purple Mash. Tasks will be notified via Class Dojo
Our topic this term is:
We Will Rock You!
And our key question is:
How is the ground beneath our feet formed?
Rocks, relics and rumbles!
We will be investigating where volcanoes are found and why they erupt, in our Geography work. In Science we will be investigating different types of Rock.