Lyburn Year 3
Miss Caroline Morland
Supported by Mrs Becci Scott and
Mrs Jane Hayward
Term Curriculum Letter coming soon
Ongoing organisational details:
- In Term 4 PE will be Tuesday afternoon at the Rec - hockey and Football with Miss Morland and Mrs Hayward.
- Gum shields and shin pads are compulsory for use with hockey sticks; football boots still essential for Rec in winter as is warm tracksuit bottoms, sweater and coat
- Wednesday morning at school - PE with Mrs Hayward. Shorts and t-shirts must be worn.
- Water bottles and coats must be in school everyday please.
Ongoing home-learning information:
- Reading with an adult at least 3 times a week and ideally daily independent reading. Please can an adult sign the child’s reading record card on a weekly basis
- Spellings rules and ongoing target spellings
- Maths Challenges to support number facts/ ‘times table’ knowledge
- Occasional topic or English related home-learning tasks will be communicated in child’s Home-Learning journal as well as being recorded on class website page.
Current Home-Learning Tasks: (updated 20/02/20)
CHECK OUT OUR CLASS LEARNING BLOG
Topic - every child was given the attached sheet after our Parent Showcase. Please do at least one and more if you like. EGYPTIAN PROJECT
Reading - ongoing reading of your banded books or home free choice recorded on lemon reading record
Spelling/Maths - None as I have collected in homelearning journals to prepare for term 4.
Optional: if you wish to consolidate previous units using these maths booklets I have attached the place value unit here. The mark book of answers is also attached. Extra HPs are always available if your child wishes to do extra learning and shows me it.