Lyburn Year 3
Miss Caroline Morland
Supported by Mrs Becci Scott and
Mrs Jane Hayward
Term Curriculum Letter - Pharaohs and Pryamids
Ongoing organisational details:
- In 2020 PE will be Thursday afternoon at the Rec - hockey and Tag Rugby with Miss Morland and Mrs Hayward.
- Gum shields and shin pads are compulsory for use with hockey sticks; football boots still essential for Rec in winter as is warm tracksuit bottoms, sweater and coat
- Wednesday morning at school - PE with Mrs Hayward. Shorts and t-shirts must be worn.
- Water bottles and coats must be in school everyday please.
Ongoing home-learning information:
- Reading with an adult at least 3 times a week and ideally daily independent reading. Please can an adult sign the child’s reading record card on a weekly basis
- Spellings rules and ongoing target spellings
- Maths Challenges set on Mathletics/Purple Mash to support number facts/ ‘times table’ knowledge
- Occasional topic or English related home-learning tasks will be communicated in child’s Home-Learning journal as well as being recorded on class website page.
Happy New Year from Miss Morland, Mrs Hayward and Mrs Scott
Current Home-Learning Tasks: (updated 10/01/20)
CHECK OUT OUR CLASS LEARNING BLOG
This weekend - just Reading and Music home-learning. I have journals to update spellings and maths targets. I've given the children the termly curriculum letter with dates and info about a re-shuffling of planned trips.
Reading - ongoing reading of your banded books or home free choice recorded on lemon reading record
Music - the children are very excited to be learning the ocarina (you may be less so by the end of the weekend - SORRY!)
They have their own 4 hole ocarina (holes to the sky). If your child has one with 1 or 2 holes on the back they should keep their fingers over the back holes.
Everyone has a sheet of Oc-pix (note pictures) and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to have a go at. COPY HERE
The ocarina's need to be back in school for Weds lesson.