Lyburn Year 3
Miss Caroline Morland
Supported by Mrs Becci Scott and
Mrs Jane Hayward
Term Curriculum Letter Ancient Mysteries of Stonehenge
Ongoing organisational details:
- In Term 4 PE will be Tuesday afternoon at the Rec - hockey and Football with Miss Morland and Mrs Hayward.
- Gum shields and shin pads are compulsory for use with hockey sticks; football boots still essential for Rec in winter as is warm tracksuit bottoms, sweater and coat
- Wednesday morning at school - PE with Mrs Hayward. Shorts and t-shirts must be worn.
- Water bottles and coats must be in school everyday please.
Ongoing home-learning information:
- Reading with an adult at least 3 times a week and ideally daily independent reading. Please can an adult sign the child’s reading record card on a weekly basis
- Spellings rules and ongoing target spellings
- Maths Challenges to support number facts/ ‘times table’ knowledge
- Occasional topic or English related home-learning tasks will be communicated in child’s Home-Learning journal as well as being recorded on class website page.
CHECK OUT OUR CLASS LEARNING BLOG
English read the end of our class Stone Age book here:
Maths Home-Learning (updated 13th March)
lots of practical practise needed of counting money, adding up and subtraction (finding the difference). Build a shop out of the things in your bedroom and practise selling and giving change. Remember to add the pounds, add the pence and add them together - as £3 AND 24p (most of us are not ready for £3.24 decimals) .
After money, our next unit is Statistics and then Time - so I am sending home the big pack of resources that will last us as homework until well after the Easter holidays. These sheets have proved popular but because some went astray we are providing them as a collected book.
The Series C sheets are Year 2 revision/consolidation before we move into the Year 3 Series D.
START WORKING ON p1-21 Statistics (graphs) practise sheets.
Optional: if you wish to consolidate previous units using these maths booklets I have attached the place value unit here. The mark book of answers is also attached. Extra HPs are always available if your child wishes to do extra learning and shows me it.