Langley Year 4
Miss Caroline Morland
Supported by: Mrs Steph Cooper each morning
Mrs Sarah Mansbridge (Wed-Fri pm for intervention support)
Download your copy of the Parents Information leaflet here:
Ongoing information and organisational details.
- Please ensure children have a coat and water bottle in school EVERY DAY. On sunny days, hats are essential for safety.
- Our PE lessons are Tuesday with 360 Sport and Thursday with Miss M. This may change later in the year. Children should come into school in PE kit (shorts under tracksuit bottoms) with a school sweater or sports hoody over the school t-shirt. Please make sure that earrings are removed. If children are unable to remove due to new piercings/infection please tape over fully at front and back with micropore.
- We are not using the recreation ground in Term 1 so no football boots etc are needed.
- Children can have a snack for mid morning break.
Home-learning is posted onto our Class Dojo page each week.
- Each child will have a reading book in school. Another reading book and free-choice 'Love of Reading' book can be scanned out of our class library and brought home.
- The return date for reading books is MONDAY only. Children put their returned items in our class book quarantine.
- We ask that ALL children read with an adult at least 3 times a week and ideally do daily independent reading. This year we are not using home-school 'reading records'. Instead we will post a weekly reading portfolio activity. If parents post a photo OR a journal note confirming the child has read a minimum of 3 times in the week we will reward with a dojo housepoint.
- Personal spelling targets will be sent home so that children can practice words that do not follow the spelling rules we teach in class. Children easily forget these words - even if they seem to have secured them previously. Hence use spelling strategies from our dedicated page and practice regularly.
- Target tests will happen every month and new targets set as necessary.
- Our Spelling Strategies Page
- Year 1 Common Exception words full list
- Year 2 Common Exception words full list
- Year 3/4 Common Exception words full list
- Miss M's friend has made some lovely Harry Potter themed games to help you learn the Year 3/4 list on Ellie Educates.
- Mathletics activities will be posted for each term. Dojo housepoints will be awarded for each completed task. Mathletics
- Additional OPTIONAL support booklets of work can be downloaded here.
- Year 3 booklets reinforce and help close gaps. Term 1 Place Value
- Year 4 Term 1 Place Value
- Termly home-learning projects using Purple Mash will be communicated via Class Dojo. Purple Mash
What are the different ways of portraying a character’s personality?
Our topic is: The Victorians - Power Divided
The key question for this unit is:
What are the What makes the most difference - power, money or good ideas?
Our unit starts in November and last through Term 3 as we study an amazing Victorian discovery - electricity.
Here is our curriculum letter for the term: Langley Class Autumn Term 2 Curriculum Newsletter.pdf