Year 5 and 6
Brambles and Hamptworth
Hamptworth - Mrs Barnes
Brambles - Mr Day
Supported by: Mrs Auras and Mrs Bonney
Home Learning will be communicated to parents this term via Class Dojo.
Download your copy of the End of Year 5 Expectations here:
Download your copy of the End of Year 6 Expectations here:
Ongoing information and organisational details.
- Please ensure children have a coat and water bottle in school EVERY DAY. On sunny days, hats are essential for safety.
- Our PE lessons are Tuesday with 360 Sport and Friday with Mr Day and Mrs Barnes. This may change later in the year. Children should come into school in PE kit (shorts under tracksuit bottoms) with a school sweater or sports hoody over the school t-shirt. Please make sure that earrings are removed. If children are unable to remove due to new piercings/infection please tape over fully at front and back with micropore.
- We are not using the recreation ground in Term 1 so no football boots etc are needed.
- Children can have a snack for mid morning break.
- Each child will have a reading book in school. Another reading book and free-choice 'Love of Reading' book can be scanned out of our class library and brought home.
- The return date for reading books is MONDAY only. Children put their returned items in our class book quarantine.
- We ask that ALL children read with an adult at least 3 times a week and ideally do daily independent reading. This year we are not using home-school 'reading records'. Instead we will post a weekly reading portfolio activity. If parents post a photo OR a journal note confirming the child has read a minimum of 3 times in the week we will reward with a dojo housepoint.
Our topic is:
The Anglo Saxons and The Vikings!
The key question for this unit is:
Does sacrifice always lead to salvation?
Learning together through friendship and faith.
Here is our current Autumn term Curriculum Newsletter than includes all relevant information for this term: