What is the PE and Sports Premium?
PE and Sports Premium funding is a direct result of the original London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid. The legacy of the games is to inspire young people to play more sport.
Playing sport helps to keep people healthy and is good for communities. Playing sport at school or in a local club is also the first step to competition at the highest level, which helps improve our reputation as a sporting nation, and contributes to economic growth. We want to get more people playing sport safely from a young age, and help them keep playing sport throughout their life, no matter what their economic or social background. DfE
“Schools can choose how they use the funding”
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the Sainsbury’s School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
The PE and sports provision will be constantly under review to make sure it is put to best use over the period of funding.
Below is our funding monitoring form
Sports Premium Accounting 2021-22